From Disabilities to (Learning) Differences Over to Abilities & Control and Learning Gifts in Correlation with the Frontal Lobe
- What is a learning disability (LD ) and what isn’t one?
- A brief history of treatment methods for learning disabilities (LD) – both comic and tragic
- A new and promising key to unlocking the mystery of LD – Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Stress as a major factor in dealing with disabilities (theirs, their families, their teacher’s/employer’s)
- The Intake Interview Tools – psychophysiological instruments and more.
- The Confusion Cycle, how you can identify it and what you can do about it.
- Perceptual distortions and how they affect learning, their triggers, their effects throughout the school day and at home.
- A micro look at Thinking Styles – what teachers and parents may not know.
- Lateral Training: a breakthrough approach to balancing the processing speeds of the brain to visual and auditory stimuli at the basal level of the central nervous system for more consistent attentional skills.
- “THE MIX”: some variations on how we combine the various systems (sequentially and parallel) peripheral multimodal biofeedback, neurofeedback, Brain Boy /Lateral Trainer, HEG (nIR HEG and pIR HEG), HRV (Heart Math), pROSHI
About Edna Tune, Bsc. MA and Dan Tune, BA
Biofeedback practitioners and coaches (IAPB)
Edna and Dan Tune have had four decades of experience in the teaching, training and coaching fields.
At their respective learning centers in Israel they have worked with thousands of adults and children who present with a whole range of learning difficulties. Their programs are in most cases intensive, ranging from 9 to 30 hours a week, followed by many months of support work and continued follow up.
Edna is chairman of the Israeli Biofeedback – Neurofeedback association.
Depending upon the person, the problem, the need, they rely on a “mix” of peripheral biofeedback, neurofeedback, and other innovative brain technologies to regulate and balance the LD brain. As educators and performance coaches, they weave these throughout the day into the framework of their content-oriented tutoring or coaching programs.